The week that never ends
I sit here listening to Daisy going crazy in the crate. She's being punished b/c for the millionth time she got out of the fence...whew, she wears me out!
This has been a long week and it isn't even over. I had to get a physical for nursing school. It's mainly for our clinical sites, so they know we're healthy and won't pass anything along to their patients. I refuse to go to the last family Dr. I had b/c he's creepy, so my mom told me about the health clinic at the hospital where she works. A nurse practitioner took care of me, and I love her! I will definitely be one of her loyal patients. So, I had my physical and surprise...my blood pressure still hasn't come down since I had Aiden, so it's back to the strict diet. I can't have a lot of salt, can only drink water, exercise everyday *ugh*. That was discouraging and scary, but I'm over crying about it b/c I can do something about it. I then had to get my labs done, so I was sent for blood draws and the usual pee in a cup which brought back great memories of trying to do that 8 months pregnant and you can't really see what you're doing. Fun times. I've had a tetanus shot, Hepatitis B, 2 TB tests where they place a bubble under your skin with a needle and some solution. Tomorrow I have to go get my professional CPR certification, go to work, get the final step of my TB test done, back to work, and then home for the night...whew. I'm tired just thinking about it. And I had to get my license renewed in the middle of it all. I've been on the run all week and I'm tired and ready for the weekend.
This weekend Jeff and I are going to celebrate my birthday which was on the 3rd. I'm the big 2-5 now. So, we're going to Toledo to dinner and a movie and we're going to go to the zoo b/c at Christmas they put up over a million lights, and it's so pretty to see! We'll also get our Christmas shopping done, so I'm excited. I need a break so bad!
I can't wait till this month of school is over. Taking 2 classes in a month is a lot of work! Next month clinicals start and we'll be back to one class a month. From now on though we'll be learning about OB and Pediatrics while we do that rotation and about geriatrics while we do our rotation at a nursing home, IV therapy, ect. I can't wait. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more.
I hope all of you have had a great week so far and have a great weekend! Ciao for now!

2 comments:
Wow - you sure are busy!
Happy Belated Birthday :) Hope you have fun celebrating it!
Hey cara...I screwed up my blog BIG time, I have a new one...www.mymomentsastoldbyme.blogspot.com. I'm so upset by it all:( Have a wonderful birthday weekend! Love you:)
Post a Comment