Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Is this week over yet?



Here's Aiden crashed out after his day of fun with Landon and Randi.

It's only Tues night and I'm already ready for the weekend. Tomorrow I have to a check-off for a med pass. I have to be able to look at a Dr's order for meds and find mistakes on how they were written out on the medicine administration record (MAR) sheet. Then I have to know the 6 rights and know how to administer all the different meds. It really isn't too hard...just a lot to remember. I have to finish up my care plan for my patient I'll have at my clinical on Thurs. those aren't too hard either, it's just very time consuming.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my clinical site? I have to drive an hour to get there, but it's the nicest nursing home I've ever seen. It's an extremely small town, and I think that's why it's so nice. Everybody was so friendly and helpful and they were good to the residents. It was such a breath of fresh air b/c a good nursing home staff like that is hard to find. I'm looking foward to being there.

I have a huge praise. I'm off of my blood pressure medicine. I've been trying to hard to do what I know I need to do and be healthy. I also got a student membership to the Y again, so I'll start going with my friend Jen after school. I just pray and ask for strength everyday to keep it up. I need my healthy so I can be around for Aiden and Jeff.

I'm off now, so I can get Aiden ready for bed. Sleep tight.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Cara that is wonderful news about being off the meds! Praise God. I'm so proud of you for striving for health and wanting to be healthy for yourself and family. You are doing awesome, and will be a great influence in your job and to others:)

Aiden is so cute in that picture, I want to pinch his chunky little legs!!!

Hope the weekend comes soon for us all!