Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jeff, you are the best!

For this post I would like to start out by thanking my sweet husband, Jeff. He has been so wonderful! He has been such big help since we found out that I'm pregnant. He's always helping me do stuff around the house, he does the dishes, cleans the bathroom, whatever needs done he'll jump up and do it, and I thank him for that. Women always say you're very, very tired during the first trimester, and you don't really understand until you're in that situation and you definitely are as tired as they say. Thanks honey for helping me get the extra rest :) He's also giving me hugs and little kisses all the time. He is so sweet! He has such a big heart, and I love that about him :) Thank you for all of your help and for being so good to me!

I'm finally getting out of the tired phase! I feel a little more energy coming back everyday and it feels great, I feel great! I must say though that I am now getting into the frumpy phase. I only have one pair of jeans that fit. My belly is definitely growing, but I'm not showing yet. I'm just at that awkward, in-between phase. Hopefully in the next 4-6 weeks I'll be showing enough to where I look pregnant and not like frump girl.

I do think that I am getting more emotional everyday. I cry atleast once a day b/c I'm just so tickled about this baby. I cry when I look at its newborn diaper, when I look at the bedding we have picked out, or if I see a cute baby on tv. I feel ridiculous sometimes, but it's still hard to believe that this is all happening and that this baby is on its way. I'm loving every second of it though. Like I've said before, women try to be so negative and tell you all about the bad things, but I'm just trying to enjoy every single second this little one is in there. I'm thinking more and more everyday that I don't want an epidural either. It seems like so many women who don't have it, go fast! I think I'd much rather feel some pain and have it over fast than having an epidural and being in a hospital bed for atleast 12 hours. It seems too that so many women need an emergency c-section after having an epidural b/c they don't progress at all after they have it. So, I'm just going to stay active. After Friday I'll start going to the Y again. I haven't wanted to exercise the first 12 weeks just so I was getting the rest I need. Anyway, I also have a tape coming that has yoga, pilates, and toning for mommies, so that should be great! I hear yoga is great for pregnancy! Also, I'm going to check the Y program b/c for a while they had a water class for pregnant mommies and I think that would be awesome! I just want to stay as healthy as ppossible so everything goes smoothly.

I'm going to head on out for now and study some stuff for my nutrition class. Have a great night everyone! Thank you to all the girls who leave me comments. It might sound silly, but they are encouraging :) Nighty-night, everyone!

4 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

Hi Honey!!! SO glad that you are starting to get energy back..that has to be kindof a bummer not having any!! It's good to hear that you are going to remain active/working out till the baby comes. That will help take the weight off afterwards too!! Stick with it honey...your baby will love it inside!! You'll be such a cute mommy!! So excited for you both!! Big hugs from the south!!

Randi said...

You have a GREAT mind set about your pregnancy Cara everytime I talk to you or read your blog. And that's awesome! You already are preparing yourself, and I'm proud of you for wanting what is best for you and your baby! Your gonna have a fantastic pregnancy and birth. You can do anything you put your mind to!! I love you, and I'm so happy I can be here for you on this wonderful life changing journey!

RD Momma said...

Oh yes! The energy slowing coming back is the best feeling! I'm right there with you on that. I even got Hubby to take a walk with me on my lunchbreak out in the sun and it was a great feeling. You have a VERY good mindset on this pregnancy! It's so nice to read your blogs! I was already in a great mood today, but this put me in an even better mood :-) I'm right there with you on the epidural thing. My mom NEVER had one, with three kids, and I'm going to try my best to do the same because her babies just popped right on out and I would be forever greatful if I get the same luck. Let us know how those videos go! I'm curious because I would love to get a yoga or pilates one but keep holding out. Good luck with everything! You are going to be a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Yay for helpful husbands! That's so great he's been mindful of you in the 1st trimester - it's a tough time, exciting but tough (so many bodily changes going on) - and I'm glad you're starting to get your energy back! I felt my best from 5 to 7 months. You've got so much to look forward to!! And no worries about all the crying - it gets worse before it gets better ;)