Aiden is a biggie boy!
Aiden has his 4 months check-up today and he is now 12lbs. 8 oz and 24 and 1/4 inches tall. He's in the 10th precentile for his weight and the 25th precentile for his length. We have made the discovery that he has acid reflux, and it's so very sad. He has been spitting up to where it just pours out of his mouth and I had noticed over the past week or so that sometimes he wasn't spiiting up milk. It was a yellowish color and smelled very sour. He would choke on it and his eyes would get red and he would cry and you could tell it was burning his throat. So, I told his Dr about it and the diagnosis is acid reflux. So, he's on baby Zantac and we're having to mix a tsp of rice with every ounce of milk to weigh it down and keep it in his belly. She said he's gaining weight nicely but once everything starts working he'll gain more weight, which is great b/c he is small. She was very pleased that he can roll over. I told her when he did it and she said that's very early. Except for the acid reflux she said he's very strong and healthy and perfect and growing nicely. We are so blessed with a healthy son :)
I am exhausted!! I got off of work at 7 tonight and...I need to make a big decision soon. It's scary when you're moving into a new chapter of your life. I think I may pick ip another day or two a week after I have my STNA certification. Then I'll try to get into the hospital or the assisted living facility down the road. I was searching online last night and I found Indiana State University. I think I'm going to sign up with them once I graduate Dec of next year b/c they have an at home course you can take to get your RN or BSN. I'd like to get my BSN and that's a fast way to get it. I would like to get my BSN before Jeff starts Chiropractor school so we'll be financially sound if he can't work as much while he's in school. I know they put in a lot of hours just like nursing students. I just pray daily for strength and wisdom and direction to get through this next phase in our lives.
I'm out for now. I need to get Aiden to bed for the night. Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:
Cara, I'm sorry to hear about Aiden's reflux. Nicholas has it very severely, and nothing seems to be working for him right now...if you ever need someone to talk to about it and just want to vent please don't hesitate to message me! It's very frustrating to watch your little one in pain and know there's nothing that you can do for them!!! If you have any problems, send me a message...I think we've tried about everything right now, so maybe I can suggest something for you :o) Hope he gets to feeling better soon!
Oh Aiden, your getting soooo big on us!! Slow down little man (sniff-sniff). Since my little boy doesn't like to cuddle anymore, I need you to stay little so I can cuddle you;) Bless your heart, I hope the acid reflux goes away:( I send you hugs and kisses:)
Oh Cara, that is so sad about his acid reflux. That would be tough to see. I am glad for modern medicine and that there is something out there to help him. He is getting nice and big and it is good that the doctors are pleased with his progress. You are doing great juggling all the demands on you now.
Hey Ryan, thanks for the comment. Do I know you or are you just a fellow blogger?
Too bad about his reflux, but at least you know what it is and you are able to control it a bit.
Aiden is growing so fast, yay!!
So sorry to hear of Aiden's acid reflux! Poor little thing! Just good to know that you caught it early! Very proud of you though for pushing so hard to get through with school..this season in your life will go fast! You're doing great!!
Post a Comment