Monday, April 02, 2007

How many milestones can a boy achieve in just a few days?


Well, let me tell you. On Thurs Aiden started crawling. Friday he started pulling himself up onto his knees. Saturday he started pulling himself up to a standing position. Sunday he finally got himself into a sitting position on his own. Now today (Monday)his first tooth is finally poking through. You can see it and when you feel his gums you can feel the top of his tooth. I can't believe how this kid is taking off and doing things all at once. It's all so wonderful and I'm so excited and proud that he's growing and developing so well, but it also makes me want to sit and cry because he's not my little infant anymore. He's becoming a big boy and he's becoming more independent. He's so fun to watch though, and he gets so excited when he does something new!! Moms always tell you that everything goes by so fast, and you don't really realize how fast it goes until your baby is actually here.

Know what I did today? I sat and looked at all of Aiden's ultrasound pictures. That's the most surreal thing to look at the pictures of when he was in my belly and then to see him sitting and watching Blue's Clues. I got all choked up. Babies are such a miracle, aren't they? Being a mom is definitely the best life! It's the best thing I've ever done!

Now I have to head back out to work on my care plan for my clinical tomorrow. Today's weather is just beautiful, so enjoy it! Soak up some sun!

2 comments:

Randi said...

YAY!!! He'll be walking before we know it!! And the teeth, if he's anything like Landon, they will start flooding in! Bring on the Steak:)

LOVE how his eyes match his little outfit:)

RD Momma said...

They certainly do grow up SO quickly! Just last night Brad and I were commenting on how tall Baylee is getting all of the sudden :-) You lil guy is such a doll! It would be so fun if we lived close to each other so our babies could play!