Monday, February 06, 2006

Lazy days...

Today has been quite the uneventful day. For some reason I can't keep anything down today, so I'm at home resting with my Maggie. This is the worst day I've had in a little over 11 weeks, so I'm very fortunate. Even when I'm sick like this I try to stay focused on how blessed I am to have an upset belly b/c of the baby I'm carrying. I'm so excited about all of the shopping we'll ge to do soon! My mom said she would pay for half of the baby's furniture, so I think that's next on the agenda to get. I found some really pretty cherry furniture I want to get, and I found it at a reasonable price, which is even better. That baby's room is going to look better than our's.
I've reached the decision that I will continue working 2 days a week after the baby is here. My mom is going to babysit, so that really puts me at ease because there aren't any babysitters better than Grandmas! Since We have a land contract on our house I'll still have to keep an income just b/c it will look better since it's our first big loan. After this baby is here I want to get a 2 day job at the hospital. They have a nurse's assistant job open right now that I really, really want and I would make twice what I make now in 2 days. I would go for it now, but you have to be able to lift and I'm in no condition to lift, so after this little one is here I'll bug them till I get a position that I want. Also, the hospital is like 30 seconds from our house, so I would even be able to come home on a long break and see the baby.
I must head on out for now. I think I'm going to get some chicken noodle soup. I hope everyone is having a great day :)

2 comments:

Randi said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well today. But your right it's for a good purpose, and all the yucky days are worth what your getting in the end!! Yay! Can't wait till your little one is here! We'll get together soon when your up for it. I miss you and I'm sending "feel better vibes" your way! (((hugs))) from me and Landon.

Allon 'n Amber said...

Sorry you aren't feeling so great Cara...that must stink having to eat Chicken Noodle soup!! Keep your chin up girl..you got a baby inside!! That's amazing!!! Just rest in knowing that God still has everything under control and He will make a way and blow your mind on how He does it!! Get some rest honey!!