Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I went to the Dr. today for my glucose test. That drink actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It tasted like the punch my mom makes, only sweeter. Not too bad at all. So, I went in and they drew my blood....I'm now an anemic girl, so I have to take these huge iron pills :( I've lost a pound too, which was surprising to me because I thought I gained another 10 pounds or so. All I've been asking Jeff are things like....does my face look bigger? my legs? my arms?....I guess it was all in my head. The baby's heartbeat did sound great :) I love that noise. It makes me more excited to hold my son and kiss him. I'm getting very antsy! I can't wait. Anyway, it's back to the Dr in 3 weeks to make sure my iron count is where it should be.

While sitting in the waiting room I was looking at the bulletin board and the next childbirth class Jeff and I can make it to is one on Sat July 15th. It'll be one of those classes that's from 9am-4pm. That works for us b/c he works second shift during the week. Here's the dilemma....friends of our's are having a vow renewal wedding ceremony on that day, so we won't be able to go. I don't want to hurt their feelings, but if we wait till mid-August, that's pushing it b/c that'll put me at like 7-10 days away from my due date. And who knows.....I may have Aidan then and miss out on the class completely. I just don't want to disappoint anyone. I am actually excited about the class though. I've been hearing great things about the classes from women who have been through them. Even women who said they forgot all of the breathing they learned, they loved it b/c they educate you well as far as what all your body goes through. They've said that relieves a lot of worry. So, I am excited to learn about different things that can help you. For a while I was thinking I wanted everything totally natural, but then I read about the walking epidural that basically takes the edge off, but you still have feeling and can still walk around....I think I may consider that if I decide I need something. A full dose one scares me. Mainly what scares me is not having any feeling in your legs. I think that would freak me out, but I'm open to a low dose of something if I feel there's a need. I really will try to go without though. There are a lot of decisions to be made, huh? I defnitely know that I'll be taking a yoga ball with me after talking to Randi. Anything to help pressure and help the baby descend it great!

I should head on out for now. I hope everyone is enjoying this warm weather! I'm loving every second of it. Good-day!

2 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

So sorry to hear about your iron honey....Super Anemia Girl!! You'll be better in 3 weeks that's for sure. Just think happy thoughts while taking those huge pills :)
Can't wait to hear all the cool things you learn in classes. That should put your mind more at ease with the upcoming arrival. So excited for you!!

Randi said...

I think the most important thing is to educated yourself during pregnancy about labor. You go into it better prepared and more open-minded. Too many gals are just all scared and freaked out through pregnancy, b/c they dont take the time to look into all the options. To ease fears and anxiety it really helps to know what you want to get out of your birthing experience. Read books, research online, go to classes, ask other gals who have gone through it. What ever works best for and your body. No one can do it but you, and being prepared is the first step. No woman knows her own strength. God made our bodies to do this wonderful thing. If you want to do it with some help, fine. If you want to try it drug-free, fine. You can do it!!