Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I saw the diabetes specialist today, and everything is going great. He looked at all of my numbers and he was very pleased. Sunday we ate at Lonestar for lunch. I had a salad, steamed veggies and a steak. I took my sugar at the appropriate time and it was over 20 points too high. I was so upset. He explained to me that you even have to careful when you eat out b/c even if you think you're eating your "free" foods you may not b/c there's the differnt oils and seasonings and things they cook with. So, atleast I know to be careful of that now. Now the Dr won't need to see me for 3 weeks and I can leave out my morning finger prick b/c all of those numbers were good. He said I shouldn't need insulin at all b/c walking brings sugar down more that even insulin could. I'm just so pleased that everything is going well b/c I've been so worried about Aidan's health. His body is so tiny and fragile...I just want to keep him healthy. I recommend this way of eating to everyone too b/c since I've been eating this way....wow! It's amazing how great my body feels. I don't ever feel tired or sluggish anymore. It really does help your energy levels.

It's a short post today, I know. But I have things I must get done! I just got my dress for my baby shower and boy is it stinkin cute! Next I need to go in to work and get my hair done. So, I have a full night ahead of me. I'll talk to you all later! Have a great night!

No comments: