Monday, April 30, 2007

Calling all first time moms!

The mother-daughter banquet at our church is coming up on May 12th. Yesterday after our Sunday morning service our pastor's wife came up to me and she asked if I would give a testimony. She's getting different moms at different stages and grandmothers to talk about what it means to them to be a mom. I will be speaking as a first time mom. Any tips? I just want to truly capture what it's like being a first time mom. I'm very nervous because I cry sometimes just thinking about how much I love Aiden, so I know there will be some tears when I have to get up and talk about it. Seriously, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Randi said...

I say, Just speak of what's in your heart, and be honest, open, and real. Let those, who are not moms, know that even though motherhood at times isn't perfect and/or sometimes is hard work, it doesn't mean it's not worth every sacrifice and effort that you put into to it.

I'm sure you'll be a better speaker than me!! I HATE HATE HATE speaking in public, do you remember my wedding!? Ahhh...Good luck, I'm sure you'll do awesome!