Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Happy Anniversary!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Thursday we went to my uncle's house. It was so nice to see family that we don't get to see that often. I wish we could spend more time over there b/c we always have so much fun. Grandpa kept us entertained the whole time. He's not our Grandpa though. He's the father of my uncle's wife, but everyone calls him Grandpa. He's so cute and tells the funniest stories. We just had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
On Fri Jeff and I left for Amish Country to get away for our anniversary. Our room was beautiful! IT was even better in person than it was in the pictures. So, we checked in there and then we went to eat at Der Dutchman. They have fabulous food! Then we went back to the room just to relax and enjoy peace and quiet. At like 6pm we were ready to fall asleep and then at 7:30 I got hungry for ice cream....forgetting that everything there closes at 7. We did find an ice cream shop/bakery that was open and I got the best strawberry ice cream I've ever had. The next day we had a free breakfast at Dutch Harvest and it was to die for. Then we were off to do some shopping. I found a beautiful antique picture for $28! I couldn't believe we got it for that price and the picture is from 1897 I think. I got a couple berry swags to go over doorways. We got cheese, fudge, cookies, a couple Christmas presents for people. It was a grand time! It was the perfect getaway.
Today was our anniversary. We made it! One year. It's been the best year of my life! Or, should I say our life :) If the first year is the hardest year then the rest of our life together should be awesome b/c we had a pretty great year!
I must run for now. Nighty-night everyone!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Glad you had such a great time in Amish Country it is relaxing, isn't it? And of course Happy 1 year Ann. !!!! Goes fast! Maggie as always looks cute, I love her little red sweater!