I have a new dream
As I sit here watching Top Model, and I'm realizing that I have a new dream for my life....No, it's not modeling. I do have the height, but I don't think I'll ever be a size 2. That can't be healthy for girls so tall. What's happened to the days where women were curvy and beautiful like Marilyn Monroe....Anyway, I've been doing a lot of searching online about nursing degrees and trying to find out what my options are. I'm already going to be starting at a new school for my LPN. I should start on May 1st. My friend Holly is a nurse right down the street from me at the Surgery Center, and I'm going to get ahold of her b/c she got her associate's degree at home, and for me that's ideal b/c I know I"ll be working and any time I can save and be at home with my baby will be great. It's a program where I'll just go to Columbus for 3 days and work a nurse's shift and get all of my clinicals done then. I also found online a program where you can go right from your associate's degree to your master's. I think it's with Walden University. In the medical profession your employer seems to always pay for your education. I've never heard of a place that won't. I'm just thinking I want to eventually get my Master's and be a midwife/nurse practitioner. I've loved being pregnant so much, and I would love to able to work with women and deliver babies! It's such a grand time in a woman's life. By the time I would have my Master's I"m sure our kid(s) will be in school, so I could have no problem possibly working at a Dr's office and working 5 days a week.....We'll see, I'm sure it will open up a lot of job oppurtunities for me. I really do just want to help people. I know at my Dr's office everyone is great! The Dr, the midwife, the nurses....I love them all! I would love to be able to make people feel that great. I would really love to work with kids though too. I'm sure I'll get all of this figured out eventually, but that's my goal for the future. I know I won't be able to do it all at once, but when I'm done with my education....that's what I want.
That's about all I have right now. Today has been an uneventful day. So I will let you all go. Nighty-night

1 comment:
Aunt Cara that sounds good! It's a little weired that you mommy and daddy all like that nurseing stuff. It's not weired in a bad way It's just you all have basicly the same dreams for the nursing stuff!
I think it's nast b/c I cant stand blood or boogys or any of the medical saplise. i have had to many experiences espesially with my broken harms and leg! I better go i have to help Meghan. BLAH!!!
Post a Comment