These hot days of summer...
are killing this woman who will be 7 months pregnant on Fri. It's been in the low 90's in my area, and I've had enough! Since Saturday I've had nothing but swollen fingers and ankles. I down water and keep my feet up, and it helps some. It's just the worst feeling ever to have your feet and ankles swollen. They don't quite bend like they should and it kinda hurts. At this point, I"m ready to be done. This is really the only uncomfortable thing I've had to deal with, so just remind myself that I'm still very fortunate to be having a great pregnancy and that there are women in this world who would love to have swollen ankles if it means they're having a baby.
Our weekend was wonderful. Saturday our friends Lisa and Bill got married, and it was such a beautiful wedding. It brought back so many memories of our special day. When the pastor was marrying them I kept thinking.....oh my gosh, I don't remember Pastor Shaffer saying any of this at our wedding. I know he did b/c he went over what was going to be said at our last counseling session. Everything is just a blur...the ceremony probably wouldn't be a blur of we had a video of it, but that's a whole other can of worms I don't want to open. I'm just so excited for Bill and Lisa. They've waited so patiently to find the one that God had for them and they're perfect for eachother. I hope they're having fun on their honeymoon!
Monday I had to work, but it wasn't so bad. I just sat around chatting with the girls, and that was nice. Since I only work on the weekends I don't get to hear much from anyone b/c I'm booked solid while I'm there. It was nice catching up! After work Jeff and I went to my parents' house for a bbq, and boy was it delicious.
To sum up my weekend...I just had a great time with family and friends.
Tonight my mom and I filled out 50 invitations for my baby shower. I'd say about 40 of those women should come. We're also putting something in the church bulletin b/c there are a lot of those women who want to come, so we should have a gathering of about 50-60 women. I can't wait! The only dilemma I have is how to word in the bulletin NO KIDS. Honestly, I don't mind if kids come. There's just one woman I know who has a little girl I really don't want there. She is a holy terror and they have no control over her at all. She's never been disciplined a day in her life. I've just seen her in action and I know how much she can destroy. Oh what to do...I shouldn't worry b/c I think my mom is going to handle it. I never stress about kids, but this little one really stresses me out. I want other people to bring their babies though b/c I have several friends with new babies and I want to see them all...advice anyone?
Tomorrow is my 3 hour glucose test, so I'm fasting right now, and I'm hungry. I had my mom check my sugar after eating and it was 100, so very normal! I'm confident that things will go well tomorrow. If you could, just keep me in your prayers. I really don't want to have GD right now.
Well, I'm off to bed everyone. I hope you all sleep tight tonight. Nighty-night...

3 comments:
(((HUGS))) Sorry about the swollen stuff going on. I will be praying and sending "low sugar level vibes" your way!! I'm sure you'll pass. I think b/c you didn't fast before is why it messed up. Wonder why they didn't make you? Anyways~ Have a great day and let us now the results!! Oh and Stay cool little mommy;)
Are you 7 months pregnant already? WOW!! Time is sure flying at your house huh? I'm sure it's got to be uncomfortable...so sorry honey!! Hope the sugar test went ok...and try to stay cool!! Need to get you a little kiddie pool you can soak in!! Heehee!! How cute would that be!! :)
Don't stress Cara! Your baby shower is a time for YOU to have fun and enjoy all the attention :-) Even if the lil monster shows up, you said your mom will take care of it... so let her. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to worry about her later down the line so this time it's someone elses turn. Where are you registered at?
Post a Comment