Doctor's visit today
Today I saw Dr. Weingates, and everything looks ok right now. He was pleased with the numbers I got back from a test at the diabetes specialist. I did learn something interesting. He said that he had a surgery patient, and he started talking to her husband, and he's a driver for either Coke or Pepsi. He asked the Dr if he thought there was a difference in weight in the big cases of pop they have to move around with a fork lift to load the truck up. He said he thought they weighed the same b/c they all have the same amount of water. Well, those big flats of regular pop weight 200 pounds more due to the sugar. Isn't that crazy? I would have guessed that they weighed the same....Anyway, I go back to see him on July 12th, and then I'll have to have a non-stress test to see how the baby is doing and if he's in any kind of stress at all from the sugar problem. I'll get an ultrasound as well so they can see how much he weighs right now and predict how he'll keep growing. As long as he's healthy....that's all I'm concerned about. So yeah, that's my update for the day. I'm going to head on out. Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:
It's amazing the stuff we put into our bodies and don't realize it. I want to totally have a food/diet makeover for myself, though I'm only 26, I want to start now so that when I'm 46, I won't look and feel 66! I'm glad you and Aidan are doing well, and that your numbers are where the doc wants them to be;) Good Job Cara, I'm so proud of you for taking such great care of yourself!!
So glad your Dr. appt went good!! You are on the right track honey...Aidan has such a great mommy who cares so much for him already!! It's amazing how horrible pop is for the body...I came off of it cold turkey the beginning of this year...I feel so much better. Even the diet pop was killing me!! Most people would never think that...crazy!! Have a good night sleep!!
I'm so glad to hear everything went well with your doc appt! (Sorry, I'm slowly but surely trying to catch up sweety!). That is some scary fact about the soda pop! No wonder I can't drink much of it. All that sugar really messes with my system. Guess I can be greatful to my mom for not allowing us to drink soda except on special occasions, BBQs, etc...
Post a Comment