Home Sweet Home!
It's good to be home! Our trip to Colorado was wonderful though. It was so nice to just get away for a few days and relax and see family and friends. I am glad to be home and have my Maggie with us again. I dropped Maggie off at my mom and dad's Wednesday evening because we were flying out Thursday morning. Well, she didn't eat till yesterday morning. She missed us sooo much. I don't think we'll be leaving her behind anymore. Anyway...It was good to get away before this little one gets here. I am glad that I won't have to travel anymore before he's here because I was so exhausted. The heat and altitude gave me horrible swollen ankles the whole time. Some people think it's a funny thing, but it really does hurt! We got home Tues morning at 3am and then I was up at 10 to get ready for 2 Dr's appointments. I was so exhausted yesterday that I couldn't stand myself. My Dr's appointments went kind of ok I think. I saw the diabetes specialist and he said my sugar shouldn't have gotten as high as it did with my 3 hour test, but I'll only have to control my sugar with diet and exercise. So, no insulin shots! Woohoo! I then saw my midwife and she informed me that I'll have to keep up my diet and exercise forever so I can prevent diabetes since this is a warning sign I"ll have it later in life. I"ll so whatever I have to in order to keep myself healthy so I can always be around for Jeff and our kids. I've gained 9 pounds total this pregnancy. In the beginning I lost 14 pounds, but now she said I'm still losing body weight b/c it's the body's way of helping control blood sugar, so I'm gaining all baby weight. She meausred my belly and he's measuring large, so it sounds like they'll end up taking him early, which is fine with me. I know that even when they take him early that they'll only do it when he's healthy. Actually, it's a matter of getting him out to keep him healthy I think. Dr. Schroeder (diabetes Dr.) said that they'll try to keep him under 8 pounds b/c babies born when the mom has GD and the baby get big....they have respiratory problems and have problems sucking, so it's hard for them to eat properly. I have every confidence in my Dr's. They have been so wonderful. I know they'll make the right decision for us. I must say that I am ready to have him out because I'm to the point where I'm just ready. Mainly b/c of the swollen ankles. I'm tired of being able to barely walk. That's been the worst. There's nothing fun about it. I know it's great though if that's my only big complaint b/c it could be worse. I'm just tired. It's time to be done. I'm not trying to sound whiny...I'm just ready to get back to normal with my big, strong boy!
I must head on out. I have stuff to get done around this house. I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy this awesome weather!

1 comment:
Welcome home Cara!! Bet you are tired...sounds like a long trip! I'm sure you are ready to get that baby out!! So sorry about the swollen ankles, it will all be over soon! It's been awhile since you've posted a belly pic...can't wait to see how cute you are!! Big hugs to you!!
Post a Comment