Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I saw the diabetes specialist today, and everything is going great. He looked at all of my numbers and he was very pleased. Sunday we ate at Lonestar for lunch. I had a salad, steamed veggies and a steak. I took my sugar at the appropriate time and it was over 20 points too high. I was so upset. He explained to me that you even have to careful when you eat out b/c even if you think you're eating your "free" foods you may not b/c there's the differnt oils and seasonings and things they cook with. So, atleast I know to be careful of that now. Now the Dr won't need to see me for 3 weeks and I can leave out my morning finger prick b/c all of those numbers were good. He said I shouldn't need insulin at all b/c walking brings sugar down more that even insulin could. I'm just so pleased that everything is going well b/c I've been so worried about Aidan's health. His body is so tiny and fragile...I just want to keep him healthy. I recommend this way of eating to everyone too b/c since I've been eating this way....wow! It's amazing how great my body feels. I don't ever feel tired or sluggish anymore. It really does help your energy levels.

It's a short post today, I know. But I have things I must get done! I just got my dress for my baby shower and boy is it stinkin cute! Next I need to go in to work and get my hair done. So, I have a full night ahead of me. I'll talk to you all later! Have a great night!

2 comments:

Randi said...

I'm so gald your doing well! I'm glad too that you can get information about diabetes and you understand it and can control it! Yay for healthy eating and exercise!

Randi said...

Nice Layout Chica! I knew you could do it:)