A quick rant for the night...
Ok ladies, how about we all ban together and support eachother no matter what. It seems like there anytime there's a chance to be positive and supportive.....it's not taken advantage of. It's filled with negativity and judgement. Tomorrow I have to go to Dr. Induction will be the topic on the table, and it's very likely I'll need to have that done. It's something I'm comfortable with b/c I know they need to get Aidan out to keep him healthy. The diabetes specialist even said they'll need to keep him under 8 pounds b/c it't not the normal healthy 8 pounds of baby with a healthy mom. Aidan gets too much sugar from me due to the gestational diabetes, so that causes him to just gain body fat. It's a fatty 8 pounds, not a healthy 8 pounds. So, it causes respiratory problems, and they can be born not knowing how to eat. Now, he's been a Dr for over 30 years, so he's seen it all. Should I put my faith in him? Yes. This is why we have doctors. Will I be judged for needing to be induced? Probably yes. You know who the first ones are to bash induction or c-section or whatever needs to be done.....the ones who have never had a baby that way. I say...every woman and every situation is different. Is natural ideal? Of course! Is it always the option? No. Personally, I'll do whatever I have to to keep my Aidan healthy...and keep me healthy too. The hormones from my placenta are fighting my insulin, so I'm ready to get back to normal and be healthy again too. Anyway....let's just support eachother. Doctors have a very important job and if everything they wanted to do was so bad then they wouldn't be in business. They're not out to hurt us and our babies. They're looking out for us. They went to school to help people. They wouldn't run around performing bad practices b/c they'd be getting sued left and right. I say, whatever you feel is best for you....do it for you and your baby! Mama knows best! You know what you can handle and what you're comfortable with, so don't let others shove their opinion on you. Do what you know you need to. Support the decisions of women even if you don't understand....even when you don't know how she feels or what she thinks. If it's best for her then that's all that matters. And ladies....don't take opinions from women who have never been in your situation, but are quick to give you their opinion. Let's just surround ourselves with positive and uplifting influences. On the flip side, let's been positive and encouraging to other women as well. We should look out for eachother. We're all in this motherhood thing together!

6 comments:
I was induced and I will be induced again with the next baby, whenever that is. I did it because I wanted to. I loved it and it's very natural and safe. I didn't do it for health reasons. I was just a good canidate for it and so I did it. I had a great experience and I gave birth to a 8 lb baby with no drugs. There is no harm in being induced whether you HAVE to be or you just WANT to be. Don't let people make you ever feel bad for the choices you and your doctor make. Only you and him know what is perfectly best for you and Aidan. I'm all for Induction:) Love you;)
p.s. I realized I spelled Candidate wrong and I couldn't be more sorry.
I personally am against induction, bu only for my births, no one elses. No matter how you do it, at the end of the day all that matters is a healthy baby. And people need to not only grasp that concept, but respect other's decisions for wanting to achieve the same outcome, regardless of what's being done. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for how you're going to have Aidan - he's your baby, this is your birth experience - forget everyone else.
Love the shower pics - you look beautiful!
Cara it's your body, your baby and ultimatly your decision. No matter what other people think, say or act they are not the ones who truly care for you child and will have to raise it either!! You're doing what's best for his health as well!! Much love and hugs to you as your due date looms!!
I say induce. If I had diabetes I would listen to what the doctor says. If he thinks it is necessary I would do it. Otherwise you know the baby could end up at 10 lbs and you would have to get a c-section. I was induced at 39 weeks and it was fine. You do what you feel is right for you and if anyone looks down on you for that...screw them. Its your baby and your blody not theirs!
Cara, you do whatever is right by you and your baby. This is my first too and I'd be a little uneasy with induction ONLY because my goal has always been natural. Sh*t happens unfortunatley. You have a special circumstance that requires your baby to be put first in line here. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's funny, I just had a conversation with my neighbors, who both have 3 children, about women like those you speak of; those who say "this is how it is" and force their opinions and views upon us about pregnancy, labor and raising children. We agreed, those women are to be ignored... {{BIG HUGS}} to a soon-to-be hot mama! You are going to a great mom :-)
Post a Comment