Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What happened to this girl?


I got out a huge tub of pictures from high school so I can start getting them in albums or photo boxes or scrapbooks or something. I haven't decided where I want everything yet. I found so many pictures that showed me just how thin and healthy I was back the. Honestly, I would have bet money that I was biggest girl in school. What in the world causes women to have such distorted images of themselves? I would pay to look like this now, although I'm not going to pay. I'm working hard the old-fashioned way. I know I'm in danger of being a diabetic which can lead to a bunch of other problems. It truly is a disorder that snowballs you, and it seems like it can cause everything in your body to eventually go bad. I can't afford that now I'm married and have a son. I need to be around for both of them. I must say though that it's been very tough to keep on the straight and narrow since I've had him. I love food, especially sugar. It takes everything in me to make the right choices. For the majority of the time I can make the right choices, but I really need to buckle down like I had to when I was pregnant. Honestly, that healthy eating made me feel so much better and gave me more enegry. Anyone who has or has had an unhealthy realtionship with food in any way knows what I'm talking about. I just want to get this healthy girl back. That means I need to burn off 60 pounds...*big sigh*. I really want to to it too since I'm going to be a nurse. I was to practice what I preach so to speak. Personally, for me, I would like to atleast be a picture of health if I'm going to work in health care. What if some day I have to sit down and talk to someone about healthy eating habits and exercise if I'm not even doing it myself? That's kinda like a respiratory therapist who's a smoker. Although I've come a long way, I still have a long way to go. You know what I'm loving about being a mom right now? Schedule! I think I would lose my mind of there was so schedule or routine or organization to my day. It's just nice that I know when Aiden takes his longest nap of the day and I know that he does best when he gets to bed at 10pm b/c then he sleeps till 5am. I want to get him to where he's in bed at 9pm, but we'lll get there. I really wasn't sure we'd ever get on a schedule when he was up all times of the night, but we made it and it's a great feeling! He's a great baby :) That's just a little something extra I've been thinking about. I must head on out now. He's crying for some dinner. Talk to y'all soon!

3 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

You can do it Cara!! You have such great determination!! Just don't stress over it too much...it'll happen! It is hard to walk that healthy path...love me some snack foods!! Especially cookies!! Yummy!! I love hearing your mommy stories...I think it's so wonderful that you have a new role in life!!

RD Momma said...

Wow, what a tim to come read your blog! I was just staring at my stomach in the mirror and thinking "how the heck am I gonna lose that?" because Baylee just won't settle into a schedule (besides bedtime, which is just like yours, 10pm to 5am woohoo). During the day, every single day, she is different. For a few days she'll do great, but I'm seriously on the verge of ripping all my hair out with her changing it up every few days... I feel like I get nothing done, ever, even when I do a lot. Sorry for the vent, it's been eating at me the past few days. As for your health, I think you have a great outlook on it. With some time and effort you will get to where you want to be. I completely empathize with you on the sugar thing. I can't tell you how much chocolate I have been eating and drinking, but it isn't helping with my "stomach issue" LOL! It didn't used to be this hard gosh darnit :p Le me know if you find any secrets :p Good luck Cara! I know you are going to do great as a nurse, a mom and a wife. If anyone can do it, it's you!

Anonymous said...

Don't make me post that pic of you in the Yukon. hehe