When there is room
in the heart there is
always room in the
house.
Thomas Moore
Life is about to get very interesting. I've just been relaxing and enjoying my precious baby boy. I try to soak in every second with him b/c he's already going so fast. Tomorrow I go to my college to get everything going for me to start Oct 2nd. I think I'm ready. It's always scary and exciting at the same time when you're starting something new and different. I am ready to be done so I can be a nurse. I know I"ll be very happy with my job and find it very rewarding. I just want to help people and help make a difference. I've heard so many people complain about the care they've gotten in a health care facility, and I want to help change that. I know I have the heart for it. I just want to do well at my job. So, if you guys could keep me in your prayers then I would greatly appreciate it. My school schedule is going to be crazyy b/c we'll be having tests and quizzes almost everyday b/c it's a schedule where you finish one class in a month. That's why I'll graduate in Dec of next year. I am glad that I'm getting this all done while Aiden is a baby and before life gets too crazy with hockey practice and baseball games and school plays :)
Ok, I've been debating on whether to post this or not b/c it's an embarassing topic for any woman. I know as a stylist that many women get unwanted facial hair waxed. I must confess that I am one of those women. It's something no woman wants to talk about. A while back on The View they had a plastic surgeon on there who was talking about the laser hair removal and one of the hosts asked why unwanted hair is such a common problem now. He said it's from the hormones put in milk and chicken. It's causing hair to grow on our lips and chin and everywhere! When I was first pregnant the Dr had every level of everything checked in my blood and all of hormone levels were perfect, so I thought....Why am I getting all of this hair. Well, when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes I was told to not drink milk b/c it raises the blood sugar of pregnant women with GD. Wouldn't you know that since I haven't had milk my hair has stopped growing. I told another woman about this who I knew had the same problem. She has stopped drinking milk and switched to organic milk and it's stopped for her too. Let me just say that organic milk is expensive but man oh man does it taste fresh! It's awesome! Anyway, who knew those hormones could wreak such havoc on one's face? So, to any lady out there who is having the same problem....I hope this helped.
I must go now and watch the America's Next Top Model premier that I tivo'd. I'll live out my dream vicariously through these girls. Have a great night everyone, and as always, I send my love :)

2 comments:
They do grow fast Cara, don't they? Makes me happy and sad all at once... The facial hair thing, lucky me I have TWO hairy parents so I have dealt with facial hair (and my entire body for that matter) since I hit puberty. I wish I could just stop drinking milk and it would go away, but I am lactose intolerant and only drink soy milk, so I know for a fact it won't help me. Many days I wish it would though!!! I shave my entire body (everywhere I can reach) because I am so emberassed by my hairyness. Yup, even my arms :p You are gonna be a great nurse, you are such a caring person that it just seems to suite you :-) Best of luck with nursing school!!!
I can totally relate to you and Paula...I hate being so hairy and having to shave so much!! I gave up on shaving my arms and just use bleach to at least make the hair lighter!! Ahh...at least I'm not the only one!! I can't give up milk though...I love it too much!! So I'll live with my hair I guess!! You will be a great nurse...and I'll keep you in my prayers. God will bless your hard work in the end and alot of people will be glad to have such a caring person taking care of them!!
Post a Comment