Sunday, January 08, 2006

Jeff and Cara had the best week ever...


Well, I guess I will start with the current time and work backwards as far as my little update here goes. A week ago on Jan. 1st Jeff and I had the best New Year ever! I had been feeling a little sick everyday and I was extremely tired, but I thought it was all in my head. So, on the 1st I took 2 pregnancy tests and they came back positive. I was still skeptical b/c I was in so much shock! I was definitely suprised to see that result. I called the Dr's office and talked with the nurse and told her what was going on and she was cheering and excited and she told me that they wouldn't retest again b/c if I took 2 tests at night and they came up positive so fast that I'm definitely pregnant. On Tues I go in to do all of the medical history stuff and the exam and we'll figure out a due date. We told all of our families today and I think all of the women cried, but everyone is excited and I'm more excited now too now that the word is out. My heart is so thrilled. I've thanked God everyday, all day. I just can't believe we've been so fortunate and so blessed. I start college tomorrow and I"m nervous so pray for me, but I've decided to go in and talk to my advisor sometime soon b/c he said someof my classes will be ok to take online. I want to try to take one this summer, and then I'll only take web classes this fall so I don't fall behind at all, and I want to be home with the baby! In the Spring I'll go back and I'll schedule my classes in the evening when my mom can watch the baby and the school has a childcare center I can take the baby too when I have clinicals, but I'll only have those once or twice a week. Ok, I'm rambling. My mind is just going like crazy! All I do is sit and think. I'm just so tickled!
Now let me go back. Christmas was wonderful! I had so much fun with Jeff's family here! I just love them! We went to Amish country and to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. We went shopping in Toledo one day. We wanted to go see the lights at the zoo b/c they have a million lights, but it was raining. The Chrismas presents were great this year. The best one was all of our family being here. Jeff's sisters got me this great gold purse that I absolutely love! It makes me feel famous and I get compliments on it everywhere I go. Jeff ordered me a necklace and earrings from India and they are beautiful! I also got Billy Blanks' Boot Camp (good for post-pregnancy) and the last season of Newlyweds on DVD. My mom got me a sharp floor clock that I've been wanting. I must say that the their visit went by way too fast. I was so sad the next morning when the house was all quiet and Isabel wasn't there to give me my morning hug. I hope they enjoyed themselves as much as we loved having them here.
I was going to write more, but I get more tired as the minutes go by so I think I'll get my bag ready for school tomorrow then hit the hay. Have a good night everyone! Sleep well! I send my love to you all!

6 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

Yeah Cara!!! I'm so excited for you!! When one is done another starts...so excited to watch your journey now!!! Glad to hear you had a great Christmas and an even better New Year's!! Can't wait to hear all the updates!! Congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

"Nobody leaves me comments except Amber and Randi"...Okay, my darling, here is my little comment for this particular Blog. I could not think of a better way to start off this year than to know that we will be having a baby. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. All this week I've thought about what our child will look like, whos personality the baby will takeafter more, being at the Cabin and teaching them how to fish, and just how good of a father will I be? Regardless of if it's a boy or girl I will fall in love at first sight, just like I did with you.
Love,
Your Husband

Allon 'n Amber said...

OK now that's just too stinkin' cute!!! What a sweet hubby!!!

Lowry said...

Since, you're having a baby, it looks like you won't be needing that dog anymore. Can I have it? Hope you three make the best family ever.

Randi said...

Haha!! I knew but couldn't say anything and now I can!!! So excited and can't wait to read all the stories of your journey my love! Enjoy everyday because it goes by real fast! I can't wait to see how far along you are!!! Yay!! Everyone seems to be pregnant, 2005 and 2006 were and are the years of babies!!! Landon will have a playmate! You, me, Maggie, Kody, and our babies!

Cara said...

Awww, don't I have the sweetest husband ever? Well Lowry, I can't give up my Maggie. She's my baby too and I don't know what I'd do without her. She's already laying on my belly so I think she senses what's going on. Ran, I can't wait to have our babies be little buddies! Won't they be so cute! I'm so excited!