We've had a great week :)
This has been a great week for Jeff and I. On Tuesday we went to Toledo with my parents and we did some shopping and went out to eat. That day did start pretty poorly though. When I woke up I had some yummy frosted mini wheats. By the time we got to my parents' house I was hungry again, so we stopped by the gas station before we left town so my mom could fill up the car and I could run into the convenient store and get a snack. I grabbed some milk and mini powdered donuts. The longer we were in the car....the sicker I felt. We went to downtown Toledo so my mom could drop something off at the Sight Center that my dad doesn't need anynmore. I was really feeling sick by this point! Then Jeff drove from there to over where Babies R Us is in Toledo, so I got to sit up front. We were thinking that maybe I was just getting motion sickness in the back. I've had that problem since I was little. After we got over to our destination I knew I was going to get sick, and I did. As I'm getting sick my dad was yelling that there was a hole in the bag....it was a very ugly sight. I was so sad and embarassed. After that though, I fel great and I was ready to do some shopping! We browsed around Babies R Us and I we found the bedding that we like for the baby. It's beautiful cherry furniture. I can't wait to get the room all done! I think we're even going to wait to get the furniture though till after we know what we're having. This is the fun part though....having our first baby and getting to buy stuff all new. I love it and it's so exciting. My mom said that after we know what Baby Delehoy is that we'll go back to Babies R Us and stock up. I can't wait!
This morning went well. I went to the Dr for a little check-up. I've lost 11 pounds, which kinda scares me, but the midwife said that as long as I'm not throwing up it's ok. She checked the baby's heartbeat and it sounded great! It took her about 2 minutes to find it though and I got scared and I had tears in my eyes, but she told me that's normal when they're so little. It's in the 140's and strong so that's good. She put my mind at ease b/c I was asking if I could be at risk to have preemies like my mom did and she no. I"ll be ok :) I also got official permission to fly to Colorado for Lesley's wedding in June. I'm the matron of honor, so I'm glad I won't miss it!
Randi came to see me today also and that was great! I love spending time with her! She brought little Landon with her and he's such a handsome little man! I love him. I can't believe how much he's grown since I saw him last. I fed him and burped him and got some good practice in. He's such a cuddly baby and makes the cutest sounds! It made Jeff and I even more excited to see our baby in August! Randi and Brian, he is the perfect little baby! You must be so proud :)
Tomorrow it's back to work for the weekend, and I have a busy schedule ahead of me which is good. I love going in and being busy and not having to talk to too many people. Hairstylists are a different breed, and those who have been to beauty school know what I mean....Sometimes it's good to just go in and do your work and have fun with your clients and leave. OH, while I'm thinking of it....We'll be having my baby shower either June 17th or 24th, so clear your schedules, ladies! It will be a grand time!
I must go for now. I'm so exhausted, and a pregnant mommy always needs her rest. I hope all has been well with all of you! Love you! Nighty-night!

3 comments:
So sorry to hear about your pukey trip to Toledo honey!! What great stories you are going to have and will eventually be able to laugh about them!! And buying all kinds of baby stuff sound so fun!! YOu'll have to take pics so we can see all the cool stuff when you get it!! I am so excited for you!! You are going to be such a wonderful mommy!! Isn't Landon just the best baby to get practice with!! You could just kiss him all over! So glad you had a good visit!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs to you honey and your little one!!
Isn't it a great feeling when you find the perfect bedding!?! Did your midwife tell you when you guys will find out what you are having? Do you have a gut feeling what the gender is?
Have a great weekend Cara, and have fun at work!
Cara You have a wonderful life! You are so blessed and I'm so happy for you and Jeff! You two have it all together and I admire your confidence and positive attitude about this journey you are on...I love you!
Post a Comment