Tuesday, April 25, 2006


I meant to post this weekend, but it was so full I didn't have time. As some of you know, my dad is legally blind. He has his peripheral vision, and that vision is blurry for him. Since he can't work anymore, he volunteers for this group called Daybreak. It's like a daycare group for people with alzheimer's. He really enjoys helping out there. He gets to take trips all over and go to shows and concerts and try all kinds of restaurants around here and Michigan. I"m glad he has that occupy his time. Anyway, this is a picture of a bear he painted for the baby. When he gave me the bear...oh, he looked so proud that he painted it. I was actually getting ready to take a bath in their big garden tub when he gave it to me. So, I hugged him and took the bear and I went in their room to soak in the big tub and I cried and cried. I think it was just that he isn't able to see well and he painted something for our baby.....wow! I love that this is something we'll always have and be able to tell our baby about how Pappaw can't see, but he loves you so much that he painted this for you. I love everything about it.

Sunday we took my dad to Columbus to get his seeing eye dog. He'll be there till May 19th going through the training with his dog. He's getting a lab, so I'm sure it'll be a pretty dog. I'm glad he'll have it b/c it'll be such a great help to him. My mom has talked to him and she said that it sounds like he's having a great time there. He is a huge social butterfly, and loves to talk to people and tell stories! I'm glad he can enjoy his time there.

Well boys and girls, tomorrow is the big day!!!!! We find out what this baby is. I thought this day would never get here, and right now it's almost 12 hours away. OH, I can't wait to see it! I hope it cooperates! I'm praying that it does. Then what am I going to do?....Buy something in blue or pink!!! All I want is a healthy, healthy baby.

I must go and watch the shows I've tivo'd the past 2 days. For once I've had a life and I've been busy. I love you all and hope you've had a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara that bear is so awesome - what a great treasure for the baby! And I'm sending you some ~*~ open leg vibes ~*~ so that your kiddo cooperates - how exciting!!

Allon 'n Amber said...

Ok that is the cutest thing Cara!! What a adorable way to show love to you and the baby. That made me tear up!! I am so excited for you that tomorrow is the big day!! Cannot wait to hear what you have been blessed with!! Try to get some sleep tonight and I'll be checking in all day tomorrow!! Yeah!!

Randi said...

Hey Girl!!! I can't wait!! The countdown is almost done!! Call me, Call me Call me!! I'll be waiting with much excitememt!! I love the bear, that was so sweet.