Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thankful

I'm so thankful for many things right now. Being down the way I have been has made it easy for me to cry and complain b/c it has been tough and scary, but if you do that everyday then you'll just be miserable. First of all, I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband. He works so hard everyday to provide a good life for me and Maggie and Aiden who will be here soon. We were worried about finances with me being off of work sooner than planned. Jeff had to work last Saturday and has to work Saturday and Sunday this weekend, and I was all depressed and thinking....Great, now that I can be home with him on the weekend he has to work!...Last night I realized....Ya know, we need to be thankful b/c look at how God is taking care of us and providing the extra money with the overtime he's getting. I should have had that point of view sooner!

I'm so thankful for my mom. She came over again today and she cleaned my bathroom for me and washed around the base boards and scrubbed the ugly shower doors for me.....I hate shower doors!!!!......She mopped my kitchen again for me and the laundry room. I've decided to make a few changes to Aidens room as far as decorations go. I have an antique frame that had a mirror in it, it belonged to my Grandma. Well, after Jeff and I were first married the mirror broke out of it, so she's taking that to get a mirror cut and put into it so I can put it in Aiden's room. It's really just been nice to have her for support b/c she's been on bedrest and knows exactly how I'm feeling. I love my mom. Her help and love and support have been just what I've needed.

I'm thankful for those who are my true friends. When you're in a situation when you're down for something and really need help it doesn't take long to learn who your real friends are. Tomorrow Randi and Landon are coming to see me, which I am very excited about :) I know that I have a true friend in her and can count on her for anything. I love her very much and would do the same for her in a heartbeat. I've learned from all of this that I will go out of my way from now on to do things for people when they need the help, even if it's just providing dinner. I know how much it means and how good it makes you feel to know that someone is thinking about you and they care enough to let you know that.

I'm going to head on out for now and eat me some dinner. I leave you with a picture of the sleepiest little dog in the world....my Maggie. I love her and she's been a good little companion while I've been home. So, thank you to you Maggie....my tiny protector.
Ok, I'll add the picture later. Blogger isn't allowing me to upload photos right now!

2 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

Cara your attitude is so uplifting!! I'm so proud of you for making the decision to be grateful no matter what!! So much to be thankful for, you are so blessed!! Have a wonderful restful weekend!!

RD Momma said...

You are such a good person Cara. I am so happy that we are both due the same month and were able to meet on iVillage because you have a great personality. I love reading your blogs and seeing (reading) you upbeat. Even though you are stuck in bed you still have a great perspective on life and it is a great thing to see/read. People like you give me hope on those days that I feel just plain poopy :-) I can't wait til you have your lil man and we get to see all the adorable pics of him!