Monday, September 25, 2006


Let me start by wishing my handsome little man a Happy 2 Months!!! It blows my mind how fast time flies. He changes so much everyday. I've loved watching him change and grow. This morning he was a little jabber jaws for the first time and it was so cute :) I knew he had something important to say. Saturday we ate dinner at my mom and dad's house and after we were done eating my dad wanted to hold Aiden. My dad was directly across from me at the table. Aiden heard me talking and he turned his head to find his mama and then he just stared at me and it was so precious! I really can't remember what life was like before we had him here with us. I feel like I've always been a mother.
So, Jeff and I have 2 small dogs now that I love dearly. Last night they gave us a HUGE scare! Jeff is on the phone with his sister and looks into the kitchen and sees Maggie chowing down on D-Con. Talk about giving us a huge heart attack. We called the vet and he said that we had to give the dogs a certain dose of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomitting to get it out of their bellies. Well, Maggie's was nothing but teal colored D-con coming up....Daisy's was ok. So, we had to take them into the vet at 11:15pm. They got vitamin K injections and exams. Daisy is ok as far as we know. Maggie obviously ingested a lot. He didn't detect anything we should be worried about, so I have to give them vitamin K capsules everyday and watch them closely for bruising and a few other things. Thank God they've been ok. I didn't know what I would do if something happened to them. It had me in tears. The hardest part of this thing is keeping them still. The vet said we have to keep them (mainly Maggie) still and they have to lay down as much as possible. They're puppies! We got a pretty good system down today though so hopefully they get well rested and back to 100% soon.
Jeff has had Sat-today (Mon) off, so it's been nice to spend much needed time with him. I miss him when he has to work so much, but I'll do the same thing for him when I'm done with school so he can get done with school. We want to get it out of the way while Aiden is tiny. We just want to provide the best life we can for our children, and I hope we succeed. I'm confident that we will.
Well, I must head on out for now. It's only a little after 10pm and I'm ready for bed. I'm getting old! Love you all! Sweet dreams...

2 comments:

Randi said...

Happy Two Months Aiden Boy! Your getting so big:) I'm glad the dogs are ok! What a SCARE!! I hope they are feeling better REALLY soon:)

Allon 'n Amber said...

Happy 2 months Aiden!! How time flies...doesn't seem possible!! And he is so adorable!! I understand your scare since we had our first last week! Horrible feeling....especially since they can't talk and tell you how they feel. And there is no keeping a puppy still!! Big wishes for healthy puppies again!!