Life has been very good around here these days. Saturday was awesome! I dropped Aiden off at my mom's house around noon and then I drove back to Findlay and Jeff and I got ready for our day together. We went out to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant here in town and then it was off to Cold Stone for dessert! If you've never been to Cold Stone then find the nearest one to you immediately! Their ice cream is amazing. I had the peanut butter perfection made with the sweet cream ice crea,....Delicious! Then we saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I really enjoyed it! It's very entertaining all the way through. Then we came home and passed out till around 8:30am. It was so nice to have uninterrupted sleep. I felt very refreshed. It was great to get my Aiden back too. During all of that time I spent without him I felt like I should have been making a bottle or putting him down for a nap. I didn't know what to do with myself! I'm definitely a mom now!
We had a fun Labor Day. We were having our county fair, so we stopped by there. I don't know about anyone else, but I ate more junk than I needed to. The best part was the fresh funnel cake with homemade vanilla ice cream...mmmm! We watched some of the cheerleading competition, and I loved it! My dream was to be a cheerleader. I never tried out at my school though b/c we didn't have judges come in for the try-outs. The girls tried out in front of the high school and the student body voted. So, our squad consisted of staff kids pretty much. Girls like me didn't have a chance, so I didn't even try. Anyway, it was just a nice day to get out as a family, and the weather was beautiful! I love being outside now that it has cooled down!
I'm really thinking that fall is becoming my favorite season. I hate what follows fall, but I love the colors. I see the trees starting to change...I love the rich red, gold and orange tones. I got some pretty gold flowers to put out on our front porch and I put up our fall wreath. Next I'll put our scarecrow and pumpins (fake decoration ones) out. I love the comfortable temperatures, and I love wearing jeans and sweaters. It's a cozy time of year.
Not much is on the agenda for this week. I think Sunday after church we're going to go to Cedar Point (voted America's best amusement park for 7 or 8 years in a row). Stop by if you're ever in the area. It's a good time! I love going there and they have the best rides. This time of year everything is decorated for Halloween and they have people in costumes all over. I can't wait to go! We would have gone earlier this year, but I had Aiden in my belly :) Now he can enjoy it with us....kinda.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have always wanted to go to Cedar Point! Maybe we'll have to get together if we ever make it up there :)
Glad you had a great weekend!
I love Fair food, nothing says summer like fair food! I love when certain counties have their fairs later, gives ya a little more summertime feel:) Glad you had a great "date" night. Have fun at Cedar Point, you know me, not a hugh CP person. Last time I was there was when I was 13!!! The rides...I'm too chicken:( But I am proud to live in the same state as America's best amusement park:)
Post a Comment