Thursday, September 14, 2006

What a week!


Here's a picture of my son holding chocolate covered peanuts. I didn't have an extra hand to carry them, so I laid them in his carseat and he put his hand over them like they were his. With the appetite this boy has I'm sure he can't wait till the day he can eat some chocolate covered peanuts....and some steak with daddy :)
This little boy has been eating a lot, and when I say a lot I mean A LOT!!!! He's on formula now, and an ounce of formula should last an hour on his belly. He's been eating 5 ounce every 2-3 hours. He's been so starving it's pitiful. Breaks my heart! So, last night I made him some cereal. It was thicker than how it would be in a bottle, but thinner than how it is when they start on solids. I fed him that with a dropper last night and then gave him 2 ounces of milk in a bottle , and he slept from 10pm - 5am! Woohoo! I just couldn't stand watching him be so hungry. If he's hungry, I have no problem giving him what he needs. I could tell a big difference in him today! 5 ounces lasted 4 hours and he didn't act nearly as desperate as before. I'm finally doing ok with not being able to breastfeed him anymore. He got 6 weeks of milk, and atleast he got that much! The pediatrician, who is a woman, said that she could tell I was having a hard time with not being able to breastfeed, so she told me that he can comfort nurse, so we do that since he's not eating from me all the time, so for example.....if he's just wanting comfort before bed I can nurse him and it makes both of us feel better. You moms out there know what that bond is like. There's nothing like it in the world. I'm happy I didn't have to give up completely.
We had a funeral today. It's made my week really hard b/c it's been on my mind on all week. I've been crying over it. My friend's boyfriend died and 2 small children are left behind. I just think of those kids and start crying. If you could, keep all of them in your prayers. Keep his mom in your prayers too. Now that I have Aiden I can look at it from a mother's point of view, and it's heartbreaking. This is a very rough time for them, and I just pray for their comfort and peace of mind.
Jeff has been working a ton. I can't complain too much b/c it's helping us get all of our debt paid off, and we need it now that I won't be able to work b/c of starting back to college. I know it's needed. He called me last night on his break and told me he had to work Sunday and I just burst into tears. I miss my sweetheart. He wouldn't have to work Sunday, but he's training for a new job where he works and he needs to be there. He goes in early for orientation tomorrow and he'll get off at 6pm, so we'll be able to do something and I can't wait. I love just spending time with him!
I've had so much on my mind this week it has just been hard to post. It's just been a sad week for so many reasons. I guess we all have tough times, huh? I can't complain too much though. I have a healthy boy with a healthy appetite, and I have a great husband who works hard to take care of us and who loves me. I don't need much else!

4 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

Oh Cara!! He is getting so big!! I can't believe how much he has grown!! And he's getting a personality now too...it's coming out! So sorry to hear of the loss in your life...we'll be keeping you in our prayers that God would bring peace in all situations!! Hugs and Love!!

Randi said...

That story is so sad about your friend. I will keep her and her little ones in my prayers. Landon and I can't wait to see how much bigger Aiden is:) Have a Great Weekend!!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny with the hand on the chocolate. It's subconcious ;)

I'll be praying for the family who lost their loved one.

RD Momma said...

It's always so sad when lil ones lose a parent (or both) when they are so young. Your lil man is getting so big, no wonder he's been starving! I know exactly how you feel. I'm still breastfeeding but when Baylee is just wailing on and on I HAVE to supplement with formula because otherwise I'm LITERALLY stuck in a chair all day. She has been a growing machine. Feels like every couple of days she's having another growth spurt. Guess that's good for us since our babies were born small, huh? Isn't it the best seeing their personalities come out? Have a great weekend Cara and enjoy all your time with Aiden and Jeff :-)