Something that's bothering me...
I know I've talked about this issue before, but it's something that's really been burdening my heart. I don't want to leave the baby after it's here. Right now I'm only working on Friday and Saturday, which isn't bad, but I feel like time with our baby is so much more inportant than people getting their hair done. I know that there are pro's and con's either way, but babies are only that small for a short while. I don't want to have the regret that my mom now has. She regrets not staying home with us till we were in school. It's such an important time. I would like to say that I've always wanted to be a big career woman and make big bucks, but I haven't. I've always wanted to stay at home with my kids. I think it's the most important job a woman could have. I know that some don't agree with this, but it's a strong conviction that I have. I know in the Spring I'll have to leave a couple days a week to get clinicals done and that's not bad at all. Atleast as a nurse I will only work 3 days a week. I just....gosh, I don't know. I don't want to miss out on one single thing. I know that what I'm wanting is realistic b/c women do it all the time. I just need to figure out what's going to work for me. Babies are so precious aren't they? I already had a breakdown tonight over not wanting to leave. I'm already praying about it all the time. God always gives us the desires of our heart, and all I can do is trust Him to help us work this out. We do have a great God who meets our needs and wants. So Lord, this is in Your hands now. I'm not saying I won't cry from time to time over my fear of leaving, but I will trust You to help me decide what is best.

5 comments:
Oh Cara I do love you so! God will work everything out, I promise. When the time comes you will know just what to do. I know that your going to be a great mommy! I'll send a prayer for you that God will give you peace and help you make the BEST choice for you and your growing family.
Cara it's going to be ok...God knows your heart and desires. Your baby is going to know how much it's loved no matter if you are working or not. Just enjoy being pregnant for now and know that everything will be worked out in time. You are going to be a wonderful mom!!! I'm looking forward to watching your pregnancy unfold and seeing cute pics of your baby too!!!
If staying at home with your baby is what your heart desires, you can make it work. After I found out I was pregnant, I was terrified of going back to work (which was surprising b/c I always thought I would atleast work part-time). But Tim and I prayed about it and although money was tight, now that Conner's here, there's no way I'd leave him to go to a job (unless I absolutely had to for financial reasons). I think it's honorable that you desire so desperately to invest yourself in your children by being a SAHM. Keep praying about it - God will answer you and you will know exactly what you need to do.
I think if you have such strong convictions and you only work two days a week as it is then just quit.
I completely understand where you are coming from! I want to stay home with our kids too, and I am going to, at least until they are in school full-time, then I will get a part-time job so I can be home by the time they get home. I WAS one of those women that wanted that career job though. Once I got pregnant, my entire outlook changed. I don't want strangers watching my children grow up. You will know what is best for you when the time comes. If you do end up working 3 days a week, that is far better than 5, so you will still get lots of time with your baby :-)
Post a Comment