Thursday, April 13, 2006

A great time of year to be pregnant.

I'm not sure if I'll be saying this come August, but this Spring weather is the best! Maggie and I went for a great walk today. We definitely need to do this everyday. She is the sleepiest little dog I've ever seen. She's always falling out somewhere and taking a nap, so I know the exercise is great for her. I know it's great for me too. I need to keep my strength and energy up. I've been very exhausted the past 2 weeks or so. I think this baby is going through a growth spurt in my belly right now. Right now it actually feels like it's doing tiny little somersaults. It's a feeling I never get tired of.

During this pregnancy I haven't craved much, although I could eat watermelon and strawberries all the time. One thing I have really been craving though is this yummy taffy from a place in CA. It's vanilla taffy filled ith peanut butter. They have other flavors too, but I only want a truckload of the peanut butter ones. I was so hungry for it last night that my stomach started growling. It is Heaven in a wrapper! It's probably best we don't live close to that candy shop b/c I would have probably gained 50 pounds by now. Of all the weird things to crave though. You think I would crave something that's atleast accessible and local. I must add that the women at work drive me crazy. All of the pregnant women there have had raging appetites, and I'm eating just like I did before. I still can't eat a whole lot or eat too fast b/c it makes me sick.

3 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

So cool to hear about your cravings Cara...and to hear that you are feeling the baby inside!! You are going to be a wonderful mommy!! Glad you are getting to enjoy this beautiful weather...isn't it great!!

Randi said...

Praise God...I do believe Spring is here in Ohio! Yay!!!

RD Momma said...

Where is the candy shop at? If it's close to me, I'm picking you up a bag and gonna mail it to you!!! Oh, I'll just email you on myspace and say this too LOL! That sounds yummy! I love saltwater taffy! Thanks for reminding me I need to grab myself a bag from the harbor before I leave on Friday!!!