Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What a day!

Here is my Maggie all groomed. She needed it desperately! She was a shaggy Maggie. Today is such a beautiful day. I'm sitting here with all of the windows open, and there's a nice warm breeze coming through the house. It's so nice to have this fresh air!! Hello Spring!!

I do have an update on my friend's baby. She is doing very well! They've taken her off of life support and they took the tube out of her that they had in her side and she should be going home in a few days :) I'd like to say thanks to everyone for your prayers. I know my friend and her husband and family appreciated everyone praying for the baby. I was so relieved when I heard the news that little Jordan is ok. I know my baby isn't here yet, but it's like my heart just broke for Ruthie and I could sympathize her. I would have sympathized before, but I don't think I would have had the strong feelings I have now. Pregnancy definitely makes you so vulnerable to so many things and so many emotions. It's wonderful and scary all at the same time. I can't eblieve I'm half-way done and we'll be finding out what we're having in 2 weeks! Woohoo! This is going so fast. I have 4 months left till this baby is here. Right now I'm just praying I carry this baby to term. I've been healthy so far and the baby is healthy....I just worry b/c my mom had all 3 of us early. I think the main problem was that her blood was negative and that gave her a lot of complications. I weighed 4 lbs. 2 oz. and lost down to 3 lbs. 12 oz. If you'd see me now, you'd never guess I was that tiny...well, you wouldn't guess my brothers were that tiny either. I'm 5'9, one brother is 6'2 and the other is 5'11/6'0, somewhere in there. I just pray for a healthy baby! I'm so tired of being asked what I want this baby to be. I say that I honestly don't care as long as it's healthy. Then I get the response....no, what do you really want? A healthy baby! I get so tired of hearing women complain b/c they baby they're having is the sex they didn't want. How about you say that to women who can't have babies and see how much sympathy you get. They'd be happy to have a baby, period. Babies are a blessing and let's be thankful for what God has given us. I can say that Jeff and I weren't planning on having a baby this soon, but we are and thank God for it! I think about this baby all day long and everything about this baby and the process of pregnancy is amazing. So, I thank God everyday for blessing us the way He has. I hope I'm a great mom and raise a well-rounded person. Jeff and I both have had wonderful parents that have been great examples to us, so I believe that we'll do well. With kids today I see so many that are disrespectful, mouthy, disobedient....I know b/c I give them haircuts and it's like WWIII!! I just want my babies to be respectful and loving people.

Ok, I've rambled on and on enough I think. Today I've been listening to the song Gratitude by Nicole Nordeman and it's just a good song about realizing how God has blessed us and will look after us when we feel helpless, and how we need to be greatful for everything He has done for us. I recommend it :) It's a good reminder to be thankful. Have a great day everyone! I hope you have this wonderful weather where you are!

2 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

Cara...I'm so excited for you and can't believe that you are more than half way done!! That's crazy! So excited to see what the little bundle is...that way you can start decorating and getting specific colored clothes!! So cool!! Maggie looks adorable too!! Big hugs to you!!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear your friends baby is doing better - I'll continue to pray for her.

Enjoy your spring weather - isn't it fabulous!!