Thursday, April 06, 2006

A wonderful visit from 2 of my favorite people :)



Couldn't you just kiss this little one's face off and then kiss it right back on?? I love him. Randi and Landon came to visit me today and it was such a nice visit. Randi and I go back 6 years, and she really is one of my best friends. It's so nice to have a friend around that you're comfortable with, and you know they feel at home in your house. We had lunch at Red Lobster, and it was delish! Everyone who knows me knows that I hate seafood, but I've been craving their biscuits, and they do have great chicken dishes! Landon was a peach the whole time. He was a very good boy! I do love seeing him and getting to hold him and feed him....It makes me so much more excited to see our baby! Thank you so much for visiting me today! I love you guys.

I've been so blessed with this pregnancy. I haven't really had any sickness. I've had a little, but it's usally if I eat too fast, or if I eat something I shouldn't. I'm still in my regular jeans which is great! I've had to wear maternity shirts b/c I need the length now to cover my belly. I'm all baby. I'm healthy. The baby is healthy. I am truly loving every minute of it. I also love feeling this little one when it's on the move in my belly. I can't describe how it feels, but it's awesome! I want to kiss it! I can't wait till it's big and strong so Jeff can feel it kick. Won't his heart just melt?

I have a little bit of a complaint. I'm a member of website for women. There are message boards and articles on everything!! I get frustrated with the message boards. I think too many women have too much time to sit around and worry about every little thing. They worry about things that have never crossed my mind. God wouldn't give us babies if we could kill them so easily. My brothers and I were all preemies. We slept on our bellies from day one. We got cereal in our bottles at night. Then it was ok to do this stuff. Now it's not. Next year, they'll come up with something else. It drives me crazy! I was researching SIDS b/c I thought, how could we as preemies sleep on our bellies and be ok and now it's such a bad thing to do. For your baby to be at risk for SIDS you need to be a teenage mother, smoke, not get prenatal care, be addicted to drugs. then of course there are the common sense things like not putting a lot of loose bedding around them and not making their room too warm. Moms are just making themselves sick worry over things. Just relax and use common sense! Your baby will be fine if you're taking proper care of it. Babies sense when you're that worried too, and it makes them tense and fussy. Whew, this is something that just drives me crazy and I had to vent a little bit. Relax ladies and take a breath. Our babies will be ok :) God wouldn't give us these babies if we couldn't handle it. It's also good advice I think to talk to our moms! They've been there and done that and give the best advice!

I'm going to head on out for now. I hope everyone has had a great week. Sleep well tonight and I'll talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Aww thanks Cara, we so much enjoyed the visit too. Landon is always so good when your around, he must know that your gonna be a mommy too! Thank you for a wonderful day, it was warm sunny and very relaxing, and I'm so happy your having such a wonderful pregnancy! Love you!

RD Momma said...

I agree!!! Women tend to over-think their baby's well-being! I was worried about SIDS, but only after hearing so many women worry about it, then I did the research and I felt SO MUCH better and relieved! Gotta love the internet hehe. I also don't believe in having a c-section just because you are one day late, but that's just me. I was born 20 days later than I was originally supposed to. And you know what, I was still only 6 pounds! I think that the baby will come when the time is right and people should stop rushing them right on out unless it's for a health risk. Some women just seem so anxious to get it out of their belly that they WANT to be induced (which tends to lead to c-sections)... I'll never understand it. You are awesome Cara! Stay great girl!!!
Your friend's baby is in my thoughts and prayers!!! I hope the best for her (how weird that a girl I know had her baby 5 weeks early on Friday because the bag burst and now her baby is in NICU too.)