Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Here's a tip!

I thought this would be helpful for moms who have a baby that is one the verge of sleeping through the night. Our pediatrician asked how long Aiden sleeps at night and I told her he goes to bed at 10pm and sleeps till 5am then he wakes up and has about an ounce of milk and goes right back to sleep. She told us that him getting up right now is just habit. She told us that when he starts fussing in the early morning to keep the lights out and change him in his bed and not to really even let him know we're there, just make him comfortable. She told us to never wake him up either b/c it would just prolong the habit of him getting up. She said that you really have to teach babies to sleep all night. So, we tried it that night and when he started fussing we changed him and covered him back up with his blankie and he slept till 10:30am. Oh my gosh did we feel great getting all of that sleep! It works, so I recommend it to all of you moms out there who need a full night of sleep. Works like a charm!

OH!!! one more thing I've learned. Aiden had started spitting up so bad, and it was frustrating, so I got the advice to put Mylicon in his bottles and switch his bottle to Dr. Brown's.....awesome! He's not getting any air at all and we just get tiny little burps out him now and his fussiness after eating has stopped. I thought that maybe it was just the drops, so I mixed his bottle as usual in a Playtex and the whole ounce I gave him before I burped him came right back up. I don't know who Dr. Brown is or how they came up with that bottle design, but it's a miracle bottle. I recommend it to all of you mommies who use bottles exclusively, or who use them only a couple times a day.

1 comment:

RD Momma said...

So what did your doc say to do if he suddenly starts waking up EVERY SINGLE HOUR???? I am EXHAUSTED! I dunno what her deal was last night, but I've been awake since 5am since she wouldn't go back to sleep after that. She was doing SOOOO GOOD TOO!!!! Maybe she misses her daddy since he's been gone all week? Please pray for her to sleep better, because *I* truly need the sleep! Congrats on getting Aiden to sleep thru the night!!! Baylee was doing great like him, and I was doing the same thing you do, just changing real quick and putting her right back to sleep... man, I miss those days!