Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My biggie boy!


Ahhh, my Aiden is a growing boy. Here he is during his favorite time!! Aiden is now sleeping through the night! Yay! It all happened just shy of 11 weeks. It's hard work, but having a schedule and routine pays off so much! Sun night he slept from 8:45pm till 6:20am and then last night he didn't get into bed till 10pm b/c we were out running all day, but he woke up at 7am! I can't tell you how good I feel after getting 2 full nights of sleep. It makes a world of difference. i'm sure he feels better since he's not getting any broken sleep. I was a little stressed out b/c Aiden is so hungry and it's so hard to fill him up. My friend Paula got a feeding schedule from her Dr of when you can start to introduce food and at Aiden's age he can have green and yellow veggies, baby juice which he's already having and cereal which he's already having. So, I've been feeding him tiny amounts of green beans and sweet peas. I'll feed him a jar a day and I"ll give him most of it before bed, and he loves it! He gobbles it right up. We even started using a spoon and he does just fine and he's happier during the day since he's more satisfied. I know a lot of moms would act like feeding him green beans is something horrible, but it's a schedule more like how our moms fed us and we turned out ok. I'm won't stress over giving him something healthy like vegetables. I cut my pastor's hair on Friday and he had it right when he said that babies let you know when they need more. Adults aren't textbook by any means, so why would babies be? I must say it's cute when he's eating b/c he gets excited and gets his legs kicking and his arms going and he makes happy noises. Too cute!
I had another test for school yesterday and scored a 98%. I was so upset at first that I didn't get a 100%, but then I told myself to snap out of it and stop being silly b/c a 98% is great. Everything is just going so well. I think it's b/c I'm taking classes on subjects I really do enjoy. It makes a world of difference when you only take classes relevant to your career.
That's about it for now. I need to get some cleaning done. Now that Aiden is officially in his bed I need to move some stuff from our room into his and do some organizing. I also need to tackle out Mt. Everest of clothes. We're sorting out summer and winter things and picking out what we want and don't want. Then I'll pack away all of the summer stuff. It's a lot of work, so I must get started. Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Allon 'n Amber said...

Oh Cara!! He is getting so big and is sooo adorable! I love his little belly!! You do have a charmer on your hands! You'll have to beat the girls off with a stick! Congrats on doing good with your school work!

RD Momma said...

OMG! We have the same tub for our babies and myohmy does Aiden make Baylee look tiny!!! I'll have to take a picture to show you how little she is compared to him. Hard to believe they are only a couple weeks apart! He's such a cutie pie, even in pictures his personality totally pops out at ya!