Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A lof of catching up to do!!!

Well, I have been MIA for a while, huh?! We've had a lot going on around here and a lot of new decisions have been made...Where shall I start? Aiden went to the Dr on Fri for his 2 month check up and he is now 10 pounnds even and 21 3/4 inches long. He's still very healthy :) Friday he had his shots as well, and it was heart breaking. All of you moms out there know what I'm talking about. Our nurse gave him a Bugs Bunny band-aid on one leg and a Daffy Duck band-aid on the other. So pitiful! I'm definitely going to talk to the Dr about spacing out the rest of his vaccinations b/c he was so sad all weekend. He was bruised where his shots went in and he was so cranky and couldn't take any naps. He just wasn't himself at all. You could tell he didn't feel well at all. I think it was b/c he's so much smaller than other 2 month olds. I definitely don't want him going through that again. This week I need to get his costume ordered for Halloween. He'll be a cutie for sure!

Monday I started back to school and I love it!! It's so nice to just get out for 3 hours in the morning and stimulate my brain and have some Cara time. I was reluctant about leaving Aiden....although he's with Daddy during that time....but I have really enjoyed it so far. All of my classes are only relevant to nursing , so it's all stuff I want to learn about and enjoy learning about. I'm glad I'm back in school. Tomorrow is my first test, but I'm not worried. It's pretty easy material. After this test who knows how it'll be. You get one class done is 16 days during the month instead of the typical 16 weeks in a traditional college, so there's a lot crammed in. We were informed to not even miss one day b/c it's like missing a whole week of information and notes. There's no homework though, just reading and studying and learning the material. It's great!

One thing I've struggled with was the possibility to go back to work. We've had a lot of unexpected and stressful things come up the past couple of weeks, so I go back to work on Friday. I'll be working Fri from 11am-7pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm, so the schedule isn't bad at all. Friday Aiden with be with Daddy till 1:30 and then my mom will watch him till 7, so I can't complain or be worried about leaving him. I know he'll be having the best care. On Saturday he'll be with Daddy until I get home. Really, I'll only be away for one day, so it's bearable. I also know that I'm doing it to better our life. I finally have peace about going back, so I know it's the right thing to do right now. I'm glad I'll be doing it now too b/c I think I would have has a nervous breakdown if I had to leave when he was 6 weeks old.

So, that's where my life is right now. I'm a part stay at home mom, part nursing studen and part stylist. It's a full plate, but God doesn't give us more than we can handle right?! It's all good. I must go now and do some catching up on everyone's blogs. I hope all has been well with all of you! Have a great afternoon!

2 comments:

RD Momma said...

Cara, I gave Baylee some Tylenol before she got her shots and she hasn't reacted that badly to them... thank goodness I had talked to my hubby's mom before taking her because she is the one who reminded me to give her the Tylenol. Even once I got to the office my Dr asked if I'd brought the Tylenol with me to give her. I HIGHLY recommend it! (Dang, I cannot believe how much bigger Aiden is than Baylee!!!!)

Allon 'n Amber said...

So happy that you are able to handle all the added responsibilities!! If anybody can juggle it all, you can!! Good to hear that school is going well already! It'll be done before you know it!!